December 22, 2008 -- Marietta, GA
As was previously announced, the "Chute the Hooch" Training Camp will be held in Atlanta during the MLK holiday weekend
of January 17-18, 2009. To RSVP just shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
"HotLanta" is the perfect venue for January training. The flatwater and easy whitewater of the Hooch let us coach racers
of all skill levels. If you are a Junior or an entry level racer this camp is for you! Of course there will also
likely be a few National/World Class racers that come and train with us and this venue allows us to break up into
small groups so that every person can learn and be challenged.
There are boats and home-stays available. Just let us know what you need.
As always, I dont charge my friends for paddling with me or trying to learn more about the sport (but we request
that you become a USACK member. You will get this modest back from doing a few races. See
www.usack.org for membership).
The two day training camp will start on Saturday, January 17th at 10:00. We will meet at the Atlanta Rowing Venue at
the City of Roswell Chattahoochee River Park boat ramp at 1123 Azalea Drive, Roswell, GA 30075.
SATURDAY (suitable for everyone including sea kayaks, flatwater and adventure racers)
- 10:00 Stroke Review and Video (Atlanta Rowing Venue at the City of Roswell Chattahoochee River Park boat ramp at
1123 Azalea Drive, Roswell, GA 30075)
- 12:30ish - Break for light lunch (ie Starbucks)
- 2:30ish Apply what you have learned
- PM Video Review
SUNDAY (location tba)
- 10:00 techniques for driving the boat through (easy) whitewater and learning the lines for the afternoon time trial.
- 2:00 putting it together in a Time Trial (mock race)
RSVP today by contacting Chris Hipgrave (email@example.com)
or John Pinyerd (firstname.lastname@example.org).